- In a small bowl take garlic paste and red chilli powder. Add little water and make a paste. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Crackle the bay leaf and cumin seeds.
- Now add the minced garlic and ginger. Saute it for few seconds.
- Add chopped onion and saute on medium flame until translucent.
- Now add the chopped tomato and salt. Cover and cook till tomatoes gets soft.
- Add the cumin powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder. Mix well and add the shrimp. Fry everything together for 1-2 minutes.
- Now add the garlic and chilli paste and fry for 3-4 minutes until oil starts appearing from the corners.
- Add garam masala powder and saute for a minute.
- Now add little water to get the medium consistency and let it come to a boil.
- Cook on a medium flame for 1-2 minutes.
- Finally add the chopped coriander leaves and serve.
Note: Make sure not to overcook the shrimp otherwise it may get chewy or rubbery.