Paneer Butter Masala is one of the most popular paneer recipe in Indian cuisine. The near perfect combination of spiciness and creaminess of its gravy makes it simply irresistible and versatile to be served with any kind of Indian bread or rice. So lets begin to learn with "Flavors of Sneha's Kitchen".
|Paneer Butter Masala|
2 tbsp of red chilli powder
2 tbsp of cumin & coriander powder
Salt to taste
1 tbsp of turmeric powder
1 tbsp of cream
2 tbsp of oil
1 tbsp of kasoori methi
1 tbsp of cardamom powder
- Soak the cashews in milk for half an hour. Make a smooth paste out of it and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onions and salt and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook till tomatoes are soft.
- Add the red chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin & coriander powder and cook it for few more minutes.
- Let this mixture cool down and grind to a smooth paste.
- In another pan heat butter and few drops of oil.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and fry until the raw flavor of garlic is gone.
- Add the red chilli powder, cumin powder & coriander powder and cook the spices for a minute.
- Add the onions and tomato paste and mix it well.
- Add the cashew paste and little water in the gravy to get the desired consistency and cook it for 5-10 minutes. Keep stirring in between to avoid sticking this in pan.
- Add the cardamom and black pepper powder. Mix it well and cook for another minute.
- Rub the kasoori methi in between your palm and mix in the gravy.
- Add the paneer cubes and cook it for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the cream and give it a good mix. Cook this mixture for another minute.
- At the end give a hint of paprika and garnish with cilantro.