2 big onions sliced
2-3 chopped tomatoes
4-5 cloves garlic chopped
1 tbsp of ginger-garlic paste
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp crushed coriander seeds
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp red chilli powder
3-4 green chillies
Salt to taste
1 tsp garam masala
2 tsp dried fenugreek
1 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup cream ( optional)
Handful of chopped cilantro for garnishing.
- Heat ghee in a pan. Allow it to melt. Fry sliced onions in ghee till they are golden brown. Once they are brown, remove the onions and keep them separately in a bowl.
- In the same ghee, crackle the cumin seeds. Now add chopped garlic and tomatoes. Cook them until they are soft.
- Add the fried onion back in the ghee and mix it well. Add ginger-garlic paste and saute until the raw flavor is gone. Add crushed coriander seeds, green chillies. turmeric powder, chilli powder, Chicken curry masala and salt. Give it a mix and cook for 1 minute.
- Add chicken in the mixture and mix it well. Cover and cook until chicken is nicely cooked.
- Once the chicken is cooked well, add yoghurt. Keep cooking until oil starts appearing from the corners.
- Pour cream along with fenugreek leaves and garam masala. Cook it for few more seconds.