Chicken Curry is a most common and flavorful delicacy which goes well with any kind of Naan or Rice. There are endless variations to Chicken Curry and every region in India has their version of chicken curry. Here is my version of North Indian style basic Chicken Curry recipe. So lets begin to learn with "Flavors of Sneha's Kitchen".
Cilantro for garnishing
- Marinate the washed and pat dried chicken with red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and ginger-garlic paste. keep it in the refrigerator for 3 hrs or overnight.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add bay leave and dried red chilli.
- Add chopped onions and fry on medium heat until golden brown.
- Add the red masala and fry it for few more minutes.
- Add the marinated chicken, cover and cook on medium heat until chicken is half tender.
- Add the tomato puree and salt.
- Mix well and cook till chicken is almost cooked.
- Once all the spices and chicken are well cooked add garam masala and mix well
- Add the water and let it come to a boil.
- Let the curry simmer for 5 minutes.
- At the end garnish with cilantro and serve.