Ingredients:2 tbsp Ghee/Clarified Butter
1 1/2 tbsp caraway seeds (Shahijeera) / Cumin seeds
2-3 slits green chilli
1 cup long grained Rice (Basmati)
Cilantro for garnishing
- Clean, wash and soak the rice for 10 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a broad pan. Add the caraway/cumin seeds and let it crackle.
- Add the slit green chilli and let it fry for few seconds.
- Add the rice and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the hot water and let it come to a boil.
- Add the salt cover with a lid and cook on low flame till the rice is done.
- Serve hot and garnish with cilantro.