2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
1 cup of bread crumbs
1/2 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
3/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup of all purpose flour
1 tsp of dried oregano
1 tsp salt
1 tsp of black pepper powder
2 beaten eggs
2 tbsp of marinara sauce
Olive oil for frying
- Cover the chicken breasts in plastic wrap and pound with a mallet to tenderize the breasts.
- In a bowl add the bread crumbs, salt, pepper, oregano and 2 tbsp of parmesan cheese. Mix well.
- In another bowl add flour, little salt and pepper. Mix well and dredge the chicken in flour.
- Now dip the chicken in beaten egg.
- Now coat the chicken in bread crumbs mix. Shake off excess.
- Keep this aside for 10-15 minutes.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil.
- Now fry the chicken over medium heat until golden brown from both the sides.
- Preheat the oven at 350C.
- Now grease the oven safe cooking pan with olive oil.
- Place the fried chicken breast carefully and spread the marinara sauce on top of that.
- Now sprinkle some parmesan cheese and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Cook this in oven for 20-30 minutes until chicken gets cooked and sauce is bubbling.
- Serve this with pasta or spaghetti of your choice.