|Dry Soyabean Recipe|
100 gms of soyabean chunks
1 medium onion chopped
1 large tomato chopped
1 tbsp of coriander powder
1 tbsp of chilli powder
1/3 tbsp of turmeric powder
1 tbsp of sabji masala (optional)
1 1/2 tbsp of ginger-garlic paste
1 tbsp of cumin seeds
2-3 whole dried red chilli
pinch of asafoetida
3 tbsp of oil
Half cup of frozen or blanched peas and carrot
Salt to taste
Handful of chopped cilantro
- Soak the soyabean chunks in water for 5-10 mins. Or alternatively, put the chunks in boiling water. Squeeze and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Crackle the cumin seeds.
- Add the dried red chilli and asafoetida and stir for few seconds.
- Add chopped onion and fry until it gets light golden color.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and cook until the raw flavor of garlic is gone.
- Add the coriander powder, turmeric powder and red chilli powder. Stir for a minute or so.
- Add chopped tomato and salt. Cook until tomato gets soft.
- Add little water if spices are sticking to the pan.
- Add peas and carrot and cook for a minute.
- Add the soyabean chunks and mix it well with spices.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- At the end add handful of chopped cilantro and mix well.