|Penne Pasta in White Sauce|
Penne Pasta - 125 grams
2-3 tbsp of olive oil
2-3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
1 small onion finely chopped
2 green chilli chopped
Half red capsicum cut in slices
1/2 tbsp pepper powder
1-2 tbsp dried oregano/mixed herb
1-2 fresh basil
For White Sauce:
2 tbsp of butter
2 tbsp of cornflour/all purpose flour
1 1/2 cup of milk (boiled and cooled)
3-4 tbsp of grated cheese (mozzarella or parmesan or even amul cheese cubes)
Salt and pepper powder to taste
- Add pasta in boiling water along with 1/2 tbsp of salt and 1/2 tbsp of oil.
- Cook pasta till al dente (should be soft but firm). Strain the water and then rinse the pasta in ice cold water so as to stop the cooking process.
- In a heavy bottom pan heat up rest of the olive oil.
- Add the chopped garlic, onion and green chilli. fry till onion gets translucent.
- Add the sliced capsicum. stir for a minute.
- Add pepper powder, fresh basil and oregano.
- Add some salt and chopped tomato.
- Cook till tomatoes gets soft.
- Now add the cooked pasta and give it a good toss.
- Pour the white sauce and mix well.
- Garnish with cilantro
- In a pan add butter and flour.
- Add salt and little bit of oil so that the butter does not burn. keep stirring for a minute or so.
- Add milk and keep stirring for few minutes.
- Add the pepper and grated cheese.
- cook till cheese melts.