Hand full of almonds
2 1/2 cup of milk
2 big spoon of sugar
Pinch of cardamom powder
2-3 threads of saffron
2-3 drops of vanilla essence (optional)
Thinly sliced pistachio, almond and 1 thread of saffron for garnishing
- Wash the almonds in running water and soak in half cup of milk for 2 hrs or overnight.
- Remove the skin and blend it to a fine paste.
- Heat the balance milk and add the almond paste.
- Boil for 15 mins on low flame and keep stirring to avoid sticking in pan.
- Add saffron to the boiling milk and mix well.
- Remove from heat and add sugar, cardamom powder and vanilla essence.
- Once cool down keep it in the refrigerator for few hrs.
- Pour in the glass and garnish with pistachio, almond and saffron.