3/4 cup chhena
1 cup sugar
2 cups water
3 cups of full fat milk
2 1/2 cups of sugar
1/8 tsp of cardamom powder
Few saffron strands
Few drops of vanilla essence (optional)
Chopped almond and pistachio for garnishing
- In a pressure cooker mix the water and sugar and let it come to a boil.
- Knead the cheena very well till it gets smooth like a dough.
- Make small and crack free balls out of this dough.
- Once sugar syrup comes to a boil add the chenna balls and cook for three whistles.
- Take it out from the flame and wait till the pressure is gone.
- Let it come to the room temperature and put it in the refrigerator to chill.
- Take 2 tbsp of cold milk in a bowl and soak the saffron strands in this and keep it aside.
- Now in a pan boil the milk on medium flame for 10-15 mints. Make sure to stir on regular intervals to avoid sticking to the pan.
- Now add the sugar and again boil it for 5 mints.
- Add the cardamom powder and soaked saffron milk.
- Boil it for few more minutes until you get the perfect consistency. At this point of time you may add few drops of vanilla essence for added flavor. Take it out from the heat and let it come to the room temperature.
- Squeeze all the sugar syrup from the rasgullas and drop one by one in the prepared rabri.
- Let the rasgullas soak in the rabri for couple of hrs in the refrigerator.
- Garnish it with some chopped pistachio and almond flakes and serve chilled.