250 gms paneer
1/2 cup frozen green peas
2 medium onions finely chopped
1 tomato puree
1 bay leaf
2 whole dried red chilli
whole garam masala
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tsp cumin powder
1 1/2 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp kasoori methi
Salt to taste
Pinch of asafoetida
4 tbsp oil
2 tbsp butter (optional)
- Heat oil in a pan. Add whole garam masala, bay leaf, dried red chilli and asafoetida. Let it infuse.
- Now add the onions and saute until it starts changing the color.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Add cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and red chilli powder. Fry till oil starts loosing out from the spices.
- Now add the tomato puree and salt. Cover and cook till the raw flavor of tomatoes are gone.
- Now add the green peas and fry for a minute.
- Add the paneer cubes and mix well.
- Add little water and let it come to a boil.
- Now add kasoori methi and butter and let it simmer for 5 mints or until the gravy reaches the desired consistency.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot.