2 large onion sliced
2 medium tomatoes sliced
1 tbsp of ginger-garlic paste
2 tbsp of grated coconut
2 tsp of coriander powder
2 tsp of chilli powder
1/2 tsp of turmeric powder
2 sprigs of curry leaves
1 tsp of fennel seeds
1 tbsp crushed black peppercorns
Salt to taste
2 tbsp oil
2 tbsp of chopped coriander leaves
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Add sliced onion and salt. Saute until translucent.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Now add tomatoes and saute for one minute.
- Add grated coconut, coriander powder, chilli powder and turmeric powder. Mix well, cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Let it cool down and put it into the blender. Add little water to make a smooth paste.
- Now heat rest of the oil in a pan. Crackle the fennel seeds.
- Add curry leaves and immediately add the chicken pieces.
- Sprinkle some salt and saute for 2 minutes.
- Now add the crushed peppercorns and onion tomato paste.
- Cover and cook for 20-25 minutes until chicken is tender. Make sure to stir in regular intervals to avoid sticking this in pan.
- Now add some more crushed peppercorns and saute for a minute.
- Add the finely chopped coriander leaves, cover and let it simmer for 2 minutes. Serve hot.