4 whole chicken leg piece
1 tbsp of roasted cumin powder
2 tbsp of kashmiri red chilli powder
1 tbsp of coriander powder
1 tbsp of tandoori chicken masala
1 tbsp of ginger-garlic paste
1/2 tsp of turmeric powder
1 tsp of garam masala powder
1/2 tsp of chaat masala powder
2 tbsp of ghee/oil
Juice of one big lemon
Salt as per taste
- Wash and pat dry the chicken legs. Make some random slits so that marination and go inside the chicken.
- In a bowl, mix the ginger-garlic paste, salt, 1 tbsp of red chilli powder and lemon juice. Nicely marinate the chicken in this and keep it aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Now, for the second marination, mix yogurt, little bit of salt and all other spices in a mixing bowl. Put this marination nicely on chicken and rub inside the slits you made. Keep this marinated chicken in refrigerator for minimum 4 hrs. For better result let this marinate overnight.
- Now 2 hrs prior to grilling, mix the ghee in chicken. This helps to keep the chicken moist.
- Preheat the oven at 420C and bake the chicken for 20 minutes both sides. Once cooked, brush some ghee on both sides and broil for 3-4 mnts each side.
- Take it out from the oven and sprinkle some chaat masala. Serve with mint chutney.